Descobrir

O que visitar | What to see

Igreja de S. João do Alporão / Núcleo Museológico de Arte e Arqueologia | S. João do Alporão Church

Construída no século XII, no âmbito das lutas político-religiosas da reconquista cristã, é considerada a primeira experiência do estilo gótico em Portugal. Dado o seu enquadramento, fora do perímetro das muralhas, constituiu um ponto nevrálgico na organização urbana de Santarém. Possuía uma torre românica circular, que, juntamente com a torre militar que lhe era fronteira, suportavam uma das portas de entrada na cidadela (Porta do Alpram). Ambas foram demolidas no último quartel do século XVIII. Aqui está instalado o Núcleo Museológico de Arte e Arqueologia, nele se apresentando um valioso espólio de tumulária artística.

  • Temporariamente encerrado


SÃO JOÃO DE ALPORÃO CHURCH

Built in the XII / XIII centuries, this church is part of a transition period between the Romanic and Gothic. It is within the second campaign is more evident, especially in the area of the chancel. In 1834, with the extinction of the religious orders, the temple was adjusted to the role of theater and, in 1876, was granted to Museum District, undergoing conservation and restoration works. Its net assets consists mainly of tombs, monasteries from the extinct city. Stands the tomb (actually a cenotaph because only keep one tooth) of D. Duarte de Meneses, who died in Africa in 1464, advocating the removal of D. Afonso V. This is a magnificent example of Gothic art.


  • Temporarily Closed